Critical Thinking (Advanced & Intermediate) for Science & Engineering Graduate & PhD students
In the course, you will learn how to apply critical thinking, knowledge of science, and knowledge of the mechanisms of self-deception to everyday practice. Participants will learn the basics of self-expression, presentation, and using English as a means to critically think, expertly present, and communicate effectively.
How Scientists Think
- In What Ways Do Scientists Come to Their Understandings?
- How Might Patterns of Scientific Thinking Impact Our Own Learning?
- What are Some Characteristics of 21st Century Scientific Thinking?
- What is Synthetic Thinking? An In-Depth Example from 21stCentury Science
Modeling in Science
- What is “Model”?
- How Do Models Help Us Think?
- The Process of Modeling: How Can Drawing Models Help Us Build
Science as a Collaborative and Social Process
- Collaboration in Science
- Subjectivity and Objectivity in Science
- The Dynamic Nature of Science